Mandarin @ Safari Kid
1½ years and older
The Safari Kid Mandarin Program has been specifically put together to mirror the goals of our Accelerated Learning Program in English. In fact, our Level Three Mandarin program is more advanced than the Primary One programs in local schools in Beijing and Shanghai!) The main features of our Mandarin Program are:
- Simplified Chinese characters are employed in Dubai. This mirrors the characters used in Mainland China
- Mandarin time is 90 minutes in the Extended Day and Full Day Programs) and mirrors the English program in structure. So, for example, as our Level 2 children learn to write three letter words in English, they will be learning to write in Simplified Chinese as well. Stories used during the English program are then used during Mandarin time, so children can contextualise the language and learn it faster.
- Stress is placed on developing social communication skills in Mandarin as well, by conducting social activities such as snack time, lunch time or part of the free play time in Mandarin.
- Children progress from Level 1 to 3 in Mandarin, as they do in our main program. By Level Three, children can recognise and write up to fifty characters, in addition to being able to speak in and understand spoken Mandarin.
- Level Three children are also taught pinyin.
Parents who opt for Mandarin can expect children to attend 90 minute classes conducted exclusively in Mandarin. These sessions include further practice in reading, writing and speaking; public speaking and confidence building modules in Mandarin; math instructions in Mandarin and games and activities to enhance social and emotional development, conducted in Mandarin.
Watch the video below to hear our teachers in Hong Kong talk about the program and see some of the Mandarin sessions in action! Note: We use Traditional Chinese characters in Hong Kong, not Simplified, but the method of instructions and the program remains the same.
Accelerated Learning Programs
The definition of Accelerated Learning goes hand in hand with our mission. Accelerated Learning is the most advanced teaching and learning method in use today. It’s a total system for speeding and enhancing the learning processes. Based on the latest neurological research, it has been repeatedly proven to increase learning effectiveness.
What makes our Accelerated Learning program so effective is that it’s based on the way we all naturally learn. Accelerated Learning unlocks much of the potential for learning that has been left largely untapped by most conventional learning methods. It does this by actively involving your child, using physical activity, creativity, music, images, color, and other methods designed to get children deeply involved in their own learning.